Shoulda posted this yesterday because we made it a Meatless Monday, but here ya go:
Quick post for whoever needs a recipe for tonight – I did it in a pot, but you could throw it in the crockpot, too!
No pics because I had no clue it was going to be so good when I threw it together 😉
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- One cup chopped onions (we keep frozen on hand at all times)
- 1 cup chopped Carrots and celery
- 2 cans white beans
- Sazon Completa
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- A good sized chunk of Calabaza squash
- 2 cups kale (could substitute spinach!)
- Sautéed onions, carrots, and celery in olive oil with a little salt and pepper
- Add beans and 3 cans worth of water.
- Throw on some of your preferred seasonings – does anyone measure this?? I put a good amount of Sazon, garlic powder, and pepper and just a dash of cumin. No salt – beans have a lot of sodium plus I used some to soften the veggies before!
- Bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Add calabaza now if you like it to mush up a little or later if you want it firmer. We like it semi mushy – it adds creaminess without calories!
- Simmer as long as you want! We did about 20 minutes.
- Add kale about 10 minutes before serving and turn off the heat so it just soaks up the broth and wilts slightly.
This was such an easy, yummy, meatless meal! If you try it let me know what you think.
Have a happy Tuesday!